Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 24, 2009

9 weeks 3 days, tired and nauseous!!

Things are progressing nicely with the pregnancy. I've got all the symptoms. I never knew that I could be so tired and have so little energy! I mean, it's like nothing I have ever experienced before. I have discovered that morning sickness should really be called morning noon and night sickness because it comes at any and all of these times. I've felt nauseous just about everyday, some days are better than others, but I've only vomited once so far. I found that vomiting brought on no relief to the nausea, so I guess I should be happy that I've not been any sicker than I have. I'm looking forward to getting some energy back in the 2nd trimester.

We've told Jamey's family our good news! It's funny because I was in Miami at the airport (for Virginia's bachelorette party) and Jamey was in London, so we did a conference call on Skype (Thanks Internet technology) between Jamey, me, his mom and Clarence and Jamey's grandmother. It was great to share the news with everyone at once! They were all so excited, and we were too! We can't wait to see them soon, and hopefully they will see a bump on me at Christmas time.

I've managed to get into the hospital of my choice here in the UK (which wasn't easy, but by golly, I did it). I was actually seen by a doctor here at 8 weeks due to a condition that I have with my cervix. Normally they don't see anyone until the mother is at least 12 weeks. I didn't know what to expect at the doctor visit (held at the hospital). I figured I would just be filling out forms and maybe have some blood drawn. To my surprise, the doctor seemed to know what he was talking about and he actually did an ultrasound. We couldn't tell much from the picture we were seeing, but we could see a very strong heartbeat, which meant the baby is doing just fine. That was certainly good news to me. As for the issue with my cervix, The doctor here in London is going to see me again at 12 weeks to determine if anything needs to be done. I'm also seeing Dr. Inge next Friday while I'm in NC for Virginia's wedding. Dr. Inge will do an ultrasound, measure my cervix and make sure all is okay. Whatever his recommendation is is likely what I'll do. I may have to do nothing, but I may have to have a stitch put in my cervix to ensure they remain strong enough to hold the pregnancy. It's nothing serious, just something that has to be monitored. That's why I was adamant that the doctors here see me more than at 12 weeks and then at 22. I just don't think that's enough. Anyway, I won't get on my soapbox today.

Here's a photo of the sonogram the London doctor (let's name him already, it's Dr. Shennan), so the sonogram that Dr. Shennan took when he saw me at 8 weeks. Again, you can't tell much about it, but there was a heartbeat, and that's all I needed to know that day. I should have a better photo to post in a week or so after I've seen Dr. Inge.

1st sonogram: 8 weeks

Gotta run for now, I've got the pizza delivery guy at my door and a pumpkin pie ready to come out of the oven. Until next time...

Love,
Jac

No comments:

Post a Comment