Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, November 9, 2009

First ultrasound scan from Dr. Inge and we heard the heartbeat!

October 31, 2009: Jaclyn 10 weeks pregnant

October 30, 2009: 10 week ultrasound scan


October 30, 2009: the heartbeat


Oct 30, 2009: our sweet little baby's first photo!

Finally, I'm posting some new and very exciting photos! The first is a photo of me and my, um, bump??? I was home for Virginia Anne's wedding and the dress showed a little bump! I'm not sure if it was more baby or more bojangles, but either way, it made for a cute picture. The bump comes and goes from day to day these days. Some days it's big, some days it's normal. Needless to say it's impossible to find anything to wear. While we were at home, I bought my first pair of maternity jeans and oh wow are they comfortable! I'm just still struggling with what to wear to work, especially since I've not told them yet, so I'm having to hide the bump I have and it's not easy!

I've still got morning noon and night sickness, some days are good and some not so good. Still tired too, but I'm anxiously awaiting the beginning of the second trimester, when I'm supposed to lose the nausea and regain some energy. Can't wait!

We visited Dr. Inge, who is by far the best Doctor in the whole world, while we were home and he was kind enough to do an ultrasound so that we could see the baby, get some decent photos and hear the heartbeat. WOW! It was absolutely amazing! We saw the little arms and hands moving, we saw the heartbeat and when we heard it, words just can't describe what that was like. I just can't believe there is a living person growing inside of me. Truly a miracle. So, the three photos were from the day of the ultrasound, taken on October 30th, when I was 10 weeks and 2 days. I'm now 11 weeks and 5 days.

I went for my first midwife appointment here in London last week. It sent me into my first real meltdown and uncontrollable crying session, but I did survive it! The midwife was nice, but I waited for an hour and 10 minutes before she ever showed up. When she did show up, she wasn't the person that was supposed to be there originally, she was just filling in for whoever was supposed to show up. So, I won't ever see her again for future appointments. That's the NHS for you, no continuity of care, no organization, but I'm trying to chalk it up to one bad experience and hoping the rest will be okay. Alternatively, I'll just fly to Raleigh a month before my due date and have Dr. Inge deliver! Trying to use that as a last resort, but it goes back to my good days and bad days. On a positive note, the midwife was really nice, she answered questions, she only had to poke me once when she drew blood, she seemed like she knew what she was doing. I was just hoping for the same midwife throughout the entire pregnancy. I'm going to at least ask for it during my next visit. To be continued... I have an appointment for our "first ultrasound" (first one over here anyway) next week, so hopefully that will go well. Most importantly, I just hope that the baby is still doing well and growing by leaps and bounds. I'll post more sonogram photos from that whenever I have them.

Better run for now, baby and I need our beauty sleep!

Love,
Jac

No comments:

Post a Comment