
Our little bundle of joy (look at those lips, and mommy's nose)! 22 week ultrasound photo
We went for our most recent ultrasound scan yesterday and all is fine with baby and mommy. Our little girl is developing normal and is the right size for her stage of development. As you can see in the ultrasound photo, she's starting to look like a real little person now! Her heart was beating strong yesterday and she was moving all around (as usual). What a precious gift from God! I think I've started to feel her move around a little, but Jamey's not convinced that I know the difference between a kick and tummy gas! I'm not sure either, but I'm definitely feeling a much more active tummy than usual. Must be the baby moving, right?
As you can see in the other photo, my tummy is sure growing! It's strange all the changes my body is going through, but so worthwhile for the promise of a sweet little girl on the way in just a little over 4 months time! Wow, it will be here before we know it!
Jamey and I have started clearing out the guest room in our house and making the transition to a nursery. I've been clearing out closets and drawers. My nesting instincts have already kicked in full force! We've looked at some furniture, but we've not settled on anything just yet. We've found a changing table and crib that we like, but want to have another look around just to be sure. Oh, and I have to point out the major differences in some of the baby furniture in the UK versus the US. The major one is the "Moses Basket". I had no idea what this was, but it's the UK version of what we know in the US as a bassinet. The difference is that the Moses Basket is pretty much a Wicker Basket on a stand. As I was looking at one in a store, this other pregnant lady, who was also non-British, asked me "are these things safe for the baby"? She took the words right out of my mouth. They don't look very sturdy or safe, but they must be because that's what everyone here uses as the bassinet. I'm still not sold on the idea, so I've found a department store that carry cradles (here it's called a crib), and it's the closest thing to a bassinet I can find. And what we in the US call a crib is called a cot here in the UK. I have never been more confused whilst shopping in my life! Luckily there are several ladies in my office who are either pregnant or have recently had babies, so they are giving me a lesson in "England English" versus "American English". All in all, it's really fun to learn all the new phrases and to experience this whole baby thing in a different culture. Right now our nursery consists of our pride and joy, our Orange Bugaboo stroller (or buggy, pram, whatever you call it over here)! This little jewel is the Cadillac of strollers. I'll try to post a photo of that later. I can't wait to stroll around town with my baby in her bugaboo!
Well, that's all the updates I have for now. I'm as excited as ever, and most importantly, baby and I are both healthy and doing well.
Until next time,
Jac

No comments:
Post a Comment