Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Moving right along!

Dear Molly,

First of all, your Granny has temporarily given you the name "Molly". She and I got tired of referring to you as "the baby", so we've named you Molly for now. I like the name Molly, but that's not necessarily going to be your name once you are born, just your womb name. I suspect, however, that the name will stick as a nickname for you for the rest of your life. Same as my situation. Granny had a nickname for me too all of my life! We came up with the name Molly because Granny started singing a song to me by Frank Sinatra called "My Blue Heaven". There's a line in it that says "Molly and me, and the baby makes three, we're happy in my blue heaven...". As soon as she sang the song, we decided that for now, you're Molly!

This week marks the 24th week that you've been living inside Mommy's tummy. Wow, you are really growing! I read all of the books to keep informed about what you are up to inside of me. By now, you weigh about a pound and a half and you're about 11 inches long (head to toe). Your sweet little face has almost fully developed, so you actually look like a little person now. Over the next several weeks, you will be gaining all your baby fat, 6 ounces a week actually! I can tell because I'm surely hungry a lot. Luckily for my behind, I'm craving fruit and not doughnuts!

I can feel you moving around inside of me now. It was hard to tell at first, but now I'm certain of when you are kicking and flipping around. I love to feel you moving. Daddy is anxiously awaiting for the day that he too can feel you move. It won't be long now! Daddy put your stroller together this past weekend and wow it's so pretty! You will be a very stylish little girl strolling around town in your chariot, but hey what do you expect, you are my daughter!

I can't wait to meet you! You are such a blessing to your daddy and me and we thank God everyday for you, our little miracle.

Love you,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment