After returning home to England from NC (and Jamey returned from Copenhagen), we received our beautiful nursery furniture! We had a hard time finding furniture that we liked, but we finally found the perfect furniture. This is from an Australian manufacturer, obviously distributed in the UK. We love it! The changing table/dresser, bookcase, and toy chest came already assembled, but the crib (or cot bed as they call it in the UK) was flat packed for Jamey and I to assemble. You can even see in the photos below that I helped a little (well, I tightened a few screws, but hey, every little bit helps!). We thought we were missing some pieces for the drawer underneath the crib, but in the end we found the pieces and it's all sorted now. We had to re-arrange the furniture a few times before we got it just like we wanted, but it's pretty much done now. I still have some more organizing to do, which I plan to work on over the 4 day Easter weekend (so more photos to come). For now, here are a few shots of Jamey and I putting together the crib. The first photo is one of my favorites, Jamey trying out the baby Bjorn with our pink melody bear. Looks like it works just fine, and I think Jamey looks so cute carrying the bear in the baby Bjorn! Imagine him with the actual baby! The second photo is the top of the changing table, with the cutest little giraffe. This was a "mystery gift" that I received at the shower. I don't know who it's from, but I absolutely love it!! If you know where it came from, please let me know, I'd love to send a thank you note! I was 29 weeks in these photos. Enjoy!
This is a blog about the adventures of life as a new mommy living abroad. Ruby Presley was born on May 15, 2010. Life as I knew it will never be the same, what a thrill!!
Monday, March 29, 2010
Arranging the Nursery, March 14, 2010
For the first few days after returning from NC, our "nursery" was taken over by the two "mother of all bags" full of gifts from the baby shower!! Wow, what an experience that was getting everything home to London, but I did it (despite what most people from home believed)! It actually wasn't that bad, but thankfully, I'm a seasoned traveler, so I've had plenty of practice at packing and getting luggage to and from one place to another! Still, it was a bit different of an experience being 6 months pregnant... thankfully I had some help from my daddy and Alex, airport officials, and Jamey!
After returning home to England from NC (and Jamey returned from Copenhagen), we received our beautiful nursery furniture! We had a hard time finding furniture that we liked, but we finally found the perfect furniture. This is from an Australian manufacturer, obviously distributed in the UK. We love it! The changing table/dresser, bookcase, and toy chest came already assembled, but the crib (or cot bed as they call it in the UK) was flat packed for Jamey and I to assemble. You can even see in the photos below that I helped a little (well, I tightened a few screws, but hey, every little bit helps!). We thought we were missing some pieces for the drawer underneath the crib, but in the end we found the pieces and it's all sorted now. We had to re-arrange the furniture a few times before we got it just like we wanted, but it's pretty much done now. I still have some more organizing to do, which I plan to work on over the 4 day Easter weekend (so more photos to come). For now, here are a few shots of Jamey and I putting together the crib. The first photo is one of my favorites, Jamey trying out the baby Bjorn with our pink melody bear. Looks like it works just fine, and I think Jamey looks so cute carrying the bear in the baby Bjorn! Imagine him with the actual baby! The second photo is the top of the changing table, with the cutest little giraffe. This was a "mystery gift" that I received at the shower. I don't know who it's from, but I absolutely love it!! If you know where it came from, please let me know, I'd love to send a thank you note! I was 29 weeks in these photos. Enjoy!



After returning home to England from NC (and Jamey returned from Copenhagen), we received our beautiful nursery furniture! We had a hard time finding furniture that we liked, but we finally found the perfect furniture. This is from an Australian manufacturer, obviously distributed in the UK. We love it! The changing table/dresser, bookcase, and toy chest came already assembled, but the crib (or cot bed as they call it in the UK) was flat packed for Jamey and I to assemble. You can even see in the photos below that I helped a little (well, I tightened a few screws, but hey, every little bit helps!). We thought we were missing some pieces for the drawer underneath the crib, but in the end we found the pieces and it's all sorted now. We had to re-arrange the furniture a few times before we got it just like we wanted, but it's pretty much done now. I still have some more organizing to do, which I plan to work on over the 4 day Easter weekend (so more photos to come). For now, here are a few shots of Jamey and I putting together the crib. The first photo is one of my favorites, Jamey trying out the baby Bjorn with our pink melody bear. Looks like it works just fine, and I think Jamey looks so cute carrying the bear in the baby Bjorn! Imagine him with the actual baby! The second photo is the top of the changing table, with the cutest little giraffe. This was a "mystery gift" that I received at the shower. I don't know who it's from, but I absolutely love it!! If you know where it came from, please let me know, I'd love to send a thank you note! I was 29 weeks in these photos. Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment