On the 26th of March, I was lucky enough to have my second baby shower, this time here in England. One of my girlfriends who lives in Reading was kind enough to throw a double baby shower for her daughter and for me. It was such a nice evening, spent with all my lovely Reading lady friends, and of course, "Molly" got lots of beautiful gifts! Here are a few photos from the evening.
On the 27th of March, Jamey and I had our first childbirth class. We were in class from 10-4 with 3 other couples who are all due right around the same time as me. We get along really well with the other couples and I think we'll remain friends even after the classes are over. Saturday was the only long day, and the rest of the classes have been one evening a week for about 2 hours each class. Our last class is coming up next week (the 19th of April). I must admit that the classes have been very informative and enjoyable. I went in thinking they may be a bit hokey, but they aren't at all. It's been a great experience so far.
On the 29th of March, Jamey and I went to have our 3D/4D ultrasound scan. Wow, it was so amazing to see all the facial features of our precious little girl. I will certainly post photos from this, once I've scanned them into the computer. It was so amazing to see her and get an idea of what she's going to look like. From what they told us, she already has a lot of hair (like mother like daughter), and she's measuring in the 75th percentile for her length, so she's going to be tall. At the time of the u/s, she weighed approximately 4 lbs. 4 oz. so if she continues to grow at the same rate, she will be a healthy weight at delivery. They estimated about 7 and a half pounds, but I'm betting she'll at least be 8 lbs. We'll see! The last ultrasound I had done before this one was at about 22 weeks and at that time the baby was sitting in a breech position (so head and feet up, butt down). At that time, it was really too soon for it to matter because she still had plenty of room to flip around. During my doctor visits thereafter, the doctor felt the baby from the outside of my tummy to check her position and said she was head down and all was fine. It turned out that when we had the 3D scan, she was indeed still sitting in a breech position. I personally think she's been that way all along, and the doctor had just mistaken her butt for her head (how cute). Anyway, there is still time for her to turn on her own, so we are hoping that she will. I have another ultrasound next week to see how she's presenting. The absolute worst case is that if she doesn't turn, I'll have to have a C-Section, which I'm okay with. I don't care how she comes out of me, as long as she and I are healthy! So more to come on that later.
More photos to come soon too. Until next time...
Jac

No comments:
Post a Comment