Ruby is 3 months old now. We're in NC now for our second time. Ruby made her first transatlantic flight on July 3rd, we went to Wrightsville Beach for a week and then Raleigh/Gastonia for a week to visit with family. Ruby did such a great job on the airplane! We went back to London for a few weeks, then back to NC again for a few months! Jamey is traveling for school, so Ruby and I are visiting with family in NC. We're having so much fun. Lloyd and the girls came to visit for a week and we all had a family get together at Virginia's house. All the family loved seeing Ruby. Ruby has met her Great Grandmother Dot now, and just loved her. She's met all the grandparents and they are all in love with her. What's not to love.
As for Ruby's development, we've had a few milestones. She was sort of sleeping through the night from about 10 weeks (she would wake up once per night, but it was at about 4:30 or 5am and it was already daylight then in London, so that kind of counts as sleeping through the night right?)! Then, when we came back to NC, Ruby was 12 weeks old. She would wake up at about 6 am for the first few nights, and before her 13 week birthday, aka 3 month birthday, she was sleeping through the night, waking up around 7:30 or 8am! It's been wonderful! I've still not gotten used to the fact that I don't have to get up in the middle of the night though, as I always leave a light on in the living room, just in case I have to get up and need to see how to get to the couch to feed Ruby. She's doing great though and continues to sleep through the night brilliantly!
We've totally got the hang of breastfeeding! She's definitely gaining weight like she should be and breastfeeding her is a breeze now. Wow, how far we have come since those early days, even those early weeks. I have a lot of respect for anyone who sticks it out and breastfeeds their babies. I now know how hard it is, and I'm so proud of myself that I stuck it out and have done it for as long as I have. We plan to keep it up for another 3 months, but we will just take it one month at a time and see how we're doing. Ruby is such a blessing!
Ruby is smiling and cooing like crazy these days. She started making a cute little cooing squeal at around 13 weeks of age. I think it's her way of laughing out loud! Ruby will be 15 weeks old this Saturday the 28th of Aug. She's not rolling over yet, but we are trying to get our tummy time in everyday for her to practice crawling.
The photos above were taken of Ruby when she was 8 weeks old. I've taken some more recent photos, just have to get them loaded onto the computer. I'll try to get on that and blog again soon. Until then... All our love!

No comments:
Post a Comment