Ruby has been with us for 1 whole month today! She is really growing. She's getting more alert now when awake and she can make eye contact with us now. She gets cuter everyday if that's even possible! We have improved in the breastfeeding department, but it's still tiring! She moved from her Moses basket (bassinet) to the crib this past Saturday, when she turned 4 weeks old. That was a big step for us, because now she's in her own room. We still have some more decorating to do in the nursery, but it's complete for the most part. She seems to like sleeping in her crib. Jamey and I took her out for a quick car ride on Sunday, the first one for her and me since our ride home from the hospital. It was great to get out for a bit and Ruby slept the whole time, granted, we were only gone for about an hour. I'm still trying to venture out with her more by myself, but it's hard here because I don't drive, so we have to walk and bus everywhere we go on our own. So, our outings usually consist of a short walk out by the river, which means we can be home in about 10 minutes if she starts crying! I know that I've got to get used to being out with her when she cries and attending to her needs, but I'm nervous about trying to feed her in public! We'll get there I'm sure. We've also had our first night at home by ourselves, as Jamey has to travel some for work. We've done it once and are about to do it again, scary, but less so than last week. Everything is a new and scary experience, but once we've done it a few times, we get more used to it. Gosh, we love her so much, and by the photos below, you can see why! Enjoy!
Love,
Jac








No comments:
Post a Comment