Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

She's clapping and she said MAMA!!!

I noticed that I last blogged around Thanksgiving, just after Ruby started eating solid foods. She's still eating really well and enjoying all the new foods. We are in NC at the moment and we spent Christmas and New Year's here. Ruby had a wonderful first Christmas. She went to see Santa soon after we got to NC. We waited 3 hours to see him, but luckily Ruby wasn't scared a bit. In fact, Santa might have been a little scared of Ruby when she pulled his beard! Ruby got lots of presents from Santa and all the family. We spent Christmas in Wendell and Gastonia. The best part about the holiday was that we got a white Christmas! Yep, Ruby's first Christmas was a white Christmas in NC, so magical!!! We've had quite a lot of snow this year in NC. Lots of snow in London too as we got out just in time or we would have been delayed for bad weather. We spent New Year's with Michele, Todd, Lloyd and all the girls. We had a blast, Ruby slept through it all. We had party hats and horns, sparklers, all the fun stuff for the kiddos. Taylor and Ava really enjoyed spending time with Ruby. Grace and Emily also love having her here. It will be hard on everyone to see us return to London, but the day must come eventually.

Jamey, Ruby and I are heading to NYC this week for Jamey's graduation. Jamey's mom is joining us also, so that will be a treat for her to have some time with Ruby. We are all so proud of Jamey and his wonderful accomplishments!

Ruby has been changing so much over the last several weeks. She's learned to clap her hands and play patty cake. She will tilt her head and pose now for photos, and my favorite new development... She can say Mama!!! On Saturday January 15, the day Ruby turned 8 months old, she said mama. I brushed it off at first and thought it was just her babbling, but she did it again on Sunday and has been saying it ever since. She also says baba. Now we just need to work on dada!! It was so sweet to hear her first words!! I'll try to post a little video of that soon.

That's all for now. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and New Year. I've made a New Year's Resolution to blog more frequently so that every post is not a "catch up". Hopefully I'll be posting again soon. Until then....

Love,
Jac

No comments:

Post a Comment