Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, May 30, 2011

Catch up... Again!

So that's Why I shouldn't make new year resolutions... I said I wanted to blog more in my last blog in Jan... It's now May!!! Sheesh! Oh well a good catch up is in order to say the least. This post is from my new iPad, which is cool, so maybe that will motive me to post more often!

Ruby is now 1 year old! As I'm writing this, I still can't believe it! We had a Strawberry Shortcake birthday party for her in London and we have a belated NC party scheduled for her when we are home again in a few weeks. Lucky little girl to have 2 parties! The London party was great, she had 3 of her little friend to come, and lots of mommy and daddy's friends were there. We had cake, cupcakes, punch, and as many balloons as you can imagine! Ruby enjoyed all of her presents, especially her ball pit, turtle, books, and most of all her bongo drum!

Developmentally, ruby has changed so much since the last post. She's gone from tummy creeping to crawling to cruising. She's not walking yet, but we feel like it's just a matter of time. She's so interactive! She loves to listen to and dance to music, any kind, from twinkle twinkle little star to just dance by lady gaga! She has maracas from Cancun and Malta that she loves. She has a drum that she loves, she's very musical: she's babbling a lot and it's starting to sound like real words, sort of. She's got mama and dada down, and she does pretty well with signing please, thank you and all done. We're getting there. She's gone from finishing the breast milk I had for her in the freezer to formula and now to, drum roll please, cow's milk! I managed to exclusively breastfeed her for 6 months and she got some breast milk for about 8 and a half months. She took to the bottles and formula just fine, and now to the sippy cup and cow's milk equally fine. She eats really well, three times a day. She usually has oatmeal (porridge), fruit and milk for breakfast, meat veg, fruit and milk for lunch, veg, fruit and milk for dinner, then she'll finish off her milk before bed. She gets about 20 oz per day. She still sleeps brilliantly, 12 hours at night from 8-8 with two naps during the day, 12-2 and 4:30-6 (give or take). She loves to rest, but when she's awake, she's really awake!

Socially, we've been up to a lot since the last post! We went to NY to see Jamey graduate, lots of snow! Then a week later, we went to Texas to visit Lloyd, Kathi and the girls, lots of sunshine! I took Ruby to the Alamo and Riverwalk in San Antonio, then we visited all the hotspots in Austin. Ruby really enjoyed jogging with me on the hike and bike trail! I've been running ever since that trip and I'm doing 5 1/2 miles pretty easily now. Thanks Kathi for the motivation. After our trip to TX, we returned to NC where I spent my birthday. First time I had been home for my birthday in 5 years! We weren't supposed to be there, but Ruby got her first (and only so far) ear infection just before we were to fly back to London, so we extended our stay in NC for another week.

Now that we've been back in London for nearly 4 months, we have been busy and life has been changing. Ruby and I have joined a baby swimming class. The first lesson was less than fun for Ruby, but we are now about to enter the third level and Ruby is the star of her class, she loves it! We've also joined the little gym and we attend a baby play group. We were also doing a music class, but that no longer fits into the schedule since I've started back to work part time. Ruby goes to nursery 3 days per week and seems to enjoy it. Work is good, but I'm really thankful that I can start off by returning on a part time basis. There are just so many things I enjoy doing with Ruby, it would be hard to be away from her 5 days per week! Our schedule works nicely for us for now. Oh, an important milestone to remember, I spent my first night away (6 actually) from Ruby when I went on a girlie trip to Malta. I cried all the way to the airport, but after that, I was fine and we all had a fantastic time away! Ruby and Jamey enjoyed their week together too!

So that's about all the catching up I can think of for now. You'll probably hear from me again when Ruby's starting school, no really, I hope to get more consistent in my blogging! Life's just so busy, but I'll try to make the time. I know Ruby may really enjoy going back and reading these someday... I know I will! We have a trip planned to NC in just a few weeks and I can't wait! Ruby will join in on the annual 4th of July trip to Wrightsville Beach and this year, she will really be able to take it all in and enjoy it! What fun I'm sure we will have! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment