Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Introducing Beau Davis Wright

Well, my blogging days seem to be a distant memory, looking at the last date of when I blogged. But it's been so nice to go back and read about the early days with Ruby. Especially with a brand new baby boy in my arms!

Beau Davis Wright was born on the 5th of April, 2013 at 1:13 pm at Queen Charlotte's Hospital in London. He weighed 7lbs 13oz and was 21.5 inches long. He came on his due date, via c-sec (due to precious section). We had planned for a VBAC as long as I didn't go past my due date, but the due date came and the baby didn't (not on his own anyway). We were told induction was not recommended, and chances of successful VBAC after due date were less than if he came before due date. So, c-sec it was. Both Jamey and I were okay with the decision. We went 100% NHS this time (with Ruby we went private) and delivered at a different hospital (sorry Beau, no beautiful views of Parliament, the London Eye and Big Ben just across the River Thames). Still, the care was okay, and the surgery went well. And most importantly, they let me go home after two nights instead of three (like with Ruby). No private room this time, but rather I shared a room with 3 other ladies and their babies. Visitors, including husbands, had to leave by 8pm. I didn't sleep at all in the hospital, I just held Beau the whole time, which was actually nice. Oh, and the worst part was that we had to use a bathroom in the hall that was shared by everyone in the ward, like college dorm style, but not even that nice. No bathrooms in the rooms. Yep, we were ready to come home ASAP, and that's all I have to say about that.

So, life with baby Beau... He is such a sweet baby. He latched on really well with Breastfeeding and we both learned really quickly what we were doing. It took Ruby and I ages to get the hang of it. All was going so well until I noticed my right boob had a lump in it and it took a turn for the worse when Beau decided not to latch onto that boob. I had a clogged milk duct. This was Saturday/Sunday, and by Monday afternoon, I felt like my life was ending. After going to the doctor, I was told I had mastitis, and was given some antibiotics and told to take ibuprofen for the pain. Felt a little better Tuesday, a lot better Wednesday, and about the same today. The antibiotics are working but the lumpiness is still there in my boob. I've been told to nurse as much as possible, which I have been (thankfully, Beau decided to give that boob another try Tuesday afternoon). The problem is, it's a lot harder for him to nurse from that boob, because of the lump, so he's had to learn to nurse from it all over again, which has led to a sore nipple. Geez, we'll get thru this in the end, but man it's been a rough few days. That's why I wanted to blog about this, so that I can soon come back and read it and think "whew, I'm glad all that's over"!

Ruby is really enjoying being a big sister, and both Jamey and I are enjoying being parents of two children. It's a new learning experience for us all, but we're doing great! Here's some photos of the first (almost 3weeks). I think, if I can add them from my phone, lets see...





























No comments:

Post a Comment