Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Beau rolls over at 3 months!

We have just got back to the UK from our trip home for the 4th of July. Beau is 15 weeks old )3 months). While we were home, beau rolled over for the first time!  On Sunday June 23, beau rolled from tummy to back, he was 11 weeks old!  Then at my mama and daddy's house, he rolled from back to tummy. He was 14 weeks old (3 months). Now he rolls all the time. We went to Wrightsville Beach and beau put his little feet in the water. It was cold so he cried, but he did okay. Ruby loved the beach and ocean this year!  

We had a hard time adjusting to the time zone difference when we go back to London. And the heat didn't help matters. It's been in the high 80s here, with no a/c. So we've had to go into hyper schedule mode again to introduce some consistency and predictability. Here's what our schedule currently looks like (for the most part):

7/7:30: wake/eat
9/9:30: nap
11:30: wake/eat
12:30/1: nap
2:30/3: wake/eat
4:00: nap
5:30: wake/eat
7/7:30: bath/feed
8:00: bedtime
11:00: dream feed

This is working pretty good for now. I will probably try to drop from 6 feeds to 5 within the next week or so by merging the 2:30/3 and 5:30 feed into one feed at around 4:00. Going to keep the dream feed for as long as I'm nursing. Beau is doing pretty good sleeping through the night. With the exception of a night or two while adjusting to new time zones. Which is to be expected. 

Beau just had his second round of shots yesterday and he did great. Beau was weighed almost two weeks ago and was 14lbs 8oz. My big boy!  

My mastitis cleared, but I had the awful lump for 5 weeks and was on an antibiotic for most of that time. Probably worst experience of my life, but I pushed through and am still Breastfeeding!  Planning to go until beau is 6 months. Just taking it one month at a time for now. I didn't pump any while in the US and just pumped today for first time in about 4 weeks. Got less than 50ml. Oh well, we'll see how that goes going forward. I've already pumped enough that I'm not that worried about it. 

Ruby is still doing great with Beau. She's a great big sister and very helpful. She's potty trained now (since Feb 2013). She was 32 months. What a great accomplishment and she nailed it in one weekend. She didn't even need to wear diapers for sleep but for only a few days. She said "I'm a big girl, I don't wear nappies anymore". She's something else. Love my ruby and beau!

It's summer holidays in the UK now. We will start swim lessons in two weeks, so looking forward to that. Will post updates again soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment