



Well, the delay in this post is proof enough that having a baby totally changes your life! I'm usually very prompt at posting, but this is obviously a little late due to new priorities in my life. Still, better late than never...
Ruby Presley Wright was born on May 15, 2010 at 4:02 in the afternoon. She weighed 8lb 2oz and was 20.5 inches long. As you can see, she's beautiful. My water broke at around 1 in the afternoon, and by the time we got to the hospital she was born at 4:02! She was still breech, so we delivered via c-section. I was amazed at how fast it all happened. We are both doing great and recovering from the surgery.
Parenthood is definitely the hardest job I've ever had, but the most rewarding too! We struggled with the breastfeeding at first, but we've got the hang of it now. Everyday gets a little easier. We've not mastered doing it in public yet, but I'm sure that will come with time. Ruby was weighed today and she weighed 8lb 15oz, so we are definitely doing something right as far as the breastfeeding is concerned! She's growing everyday.
We are planning to make a trip to NC for the 4th of July. We've still got to get Ruby's passport, but we're working on that. We've had a few visitors, the Reading girls came last week on Thursday and Friday and Rachel came to visit all the way from Abu Dhabi last week for a few nights. It was a pleasure to see everyone and introduce them to Ruby. I can't wait for all of our family and friends back home to meet her!
I'll try to keep the blog updated with our experiences, and of course with some photos. I've just got to find the time to get the photos from the camera to my computer first. Lloyd, Kathi, Taylor and Ava have chatted with us on Skype and seen Ruby on video. That was a treat. So, photos to come soon (hopefully) I promise!
Love to all,
Jac

Congratulations Jaclyn and James!! I am so excited for you. No other time in your life will compare to this.Enjoy!!!
ReplyDeleteShe is absolutely beautiful.
God Bless!!
Beverly and Rick